Thread: Drain vales

Drain vales

Anyone have a part number for the wing drain valves for the Sierra. Ours has the flush type.

Thanks,

Marty Vanover
    Phoenix, Az.

Everything you need to know about this is in this FAQ:
    http://www.beechaeroclub.org/modules...;id_cat=38#123

You can also download the drain valve repair document:

Wing Fuel Sump Drain Valve Repair Instructions (votes: 0 - hits: 100)
    Uploader: Michael Rellihan
    Instructions for the repair of the wing tank fuel sump drains. The illustrations also show the integral tank skin, and how to tell whether you have captured drain nuts inside the tank. Repair o-ring kits are available in the BAC Classifieds (as usual!). As has become the norm for BAC downloads and photos, Bill Manhein played a major role in improving the photos, compressing the file size, and converting it to Adobe .pdf format. Thanks, Bill!

Marty- You probably have the same type of flush mount drain as on my Sierra. It's a Beech 971D which is expensive, not repairable, and poor service life. I was replacing them at a rate of one every 12-18 months at a cost of about $130 each. They were almost always failing in the winter when the temps were sub-zero. I suspect the temps effected the o-ring "set". Long story short....I switched over to the Saf-Air F75 at about $60 each and have yet had a failure or a need to repair one as this model is repairable. Good Luck. Eric Johnson / 6521N

Thanks, guys. Sounds like the Saf-Air F75 is the route to go. We only have one weeping, but we are down for annual and that's the time to do it.

Marty Vanover
    Phoenix, Az.