Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BAC Fullerton Fly-In....Southern California

BAC Fullerton Fly-In....Southern California

I will be attending the Southern California Fly-in arriving in Friday, departing Sunday. I will have the Southwest banner with me.

Who else is going and what days so Jeanne can get an idea for planning?

Dan Jonas, Southwest RD

I'm going to try to come but schedule is still up in the air. Actually, based at FUL, so transportation should be less of an issue...

Hi all, I am planning on attending Saturday. The wings class on flying in LA sounds good. Flying in LA is always an adventure for me still! See you all soon!
    Rich Kutzner
    661-201-5549

Places to stay in Fullerton

I have had feedback about people wanting to know where to stay. If a group of you want to stay at the same place for convenience and fellowship, I will look for a recommendation. Looking forward to meeting new folks!
    Jeanne
    N2358Z

If I can get 12 or more to commit to dinner on Saturday Night, I can make reservations at the Knott's Berry Farm Chicken Dinner Resauraunt.

So far I have

Dan Jonas
    Steve Frieson
    Rich Kutzner
    Me
    Jeff Gurnee (my husband)
    Conway & Wife

Maybe:
    Skip MacLean
    Dennis McGoldrick

Anyone bringing anyone else and is anyone else planning on comming?
    Jeanne
    N2358Z

Jeanne,

I will be there. Pam cannot make it this trip. We have a new baby dog, and decorating for the nephew's graduation from college.

I booked at the Radisson Anaheim Maingate, which was the wrong one Radisson, but it is not that far from the airport (about 6 miles). I thought I was booking at the one on Beach Blvd... kind of appropriate for a Beech fly-in, but oh well, I booked the wrong one. There is a cancellation charge, so Iím staying put.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing ya'll There!
    Conway

Dinner

Jeanne,

Count me in for dinner (1 person). My understanding is without a reservation we would have to wait to be seated and that can be long?

Dan Jonas

Yes Dan, I have a back-up plan, but it requires a longer drive and I wasn't sure how many would need rides to and from. It is a place called Buster's Beach House, on the water and they have a 3 person band called FLYER that plays starting around 8:30pm. They have been playing there 20+ years. Food is good and reasonable.
    Jeanne
    N2358Z

Transportation

Jeanne,

I will have a rental car while I am there and will do whatever you need to help with transportation other tasks. I'm there to help you make this work as well as possible.

Dan Jonas