Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Atlantic. Wilgrove (Charlotte NC) Fly IN MAY 26

Mid-Atlantic. Wilgrove (Charlotte NC) Fly IN MAY 26

OK.. Knee is fixed and I need some help eating this food.
    Riblets and Chicken BBQ.
    I'll have buns, chips and drinks. Free for BAC Members.
    Now all I need is weather and attendees !!
    Start around 10AM and we'll close when the food is gone.
    Come one, Come all !

See you HERE !

Dr Bill

If anyone is planning on coming and via the Winston Salem area, let me know. There is a potential BAC owner who would like a ride and to come to the fly-in to see the family.
    Dr Bill
    N9230S 76 Sundowner

Regarding FUEL prices.. Wilgrove is $4.11. From the SOUTH, best buy is EQY at $3.81 (abt 10mi S of Wilgrove), from the North and East, best is at RUQ ($3.50 Salisbury)(30mi NE of Wilgrove). Alot of our local pilots go there for fuel (both places) however, I make the justification: costs about 3 gal to get there and back ($12.00) so to make it worth while, that means I have to get at least ($12/0.30)= 40 gals of gas. Rarely do I get that much at Wilgrove at one time.

Dr Bill

Will any of our recent new members be able to make it to the Wilgrove eat-in... I mean, fly-in??? Plenty of room for pets, too; Paula and I always bring Skye. We have lots of new members to meet, as well as longer-term ones!

I'm planning on showing up and finally meeting some of you that I have been listening to for the past few years. It'll be good to put some faces to the names.

Weather forecast is GREAT... Hope to see y'all there. My cell is 704-904-4706.....Dr. Bill

Now, Bill... you know I can't get in there if the ceiling is over 800 feet or so. The sight picture just won't look the same....

Mike, You will NOW be able to SEE the towers you missed by accident on the way out last time !! But don't worry, contrary to pilot opinion they do NOT move into your path.

Dr Bill.

And for those of you who refuse to buy new charts.. the Unicom freq is 122.725. (changed over a year ago)....

Dr BILL

Tower's, what towers????? I don't remember any mention of towers when I was trying to find the airfield last time I was up there.... ???

M. Spencer