Thread: Air Filter Query

Air Filter Query

Can anyone tell me where or best place to get the foam oval piece for my A23-19 Sport air filter?

-----------------------------------------
    This message was automatically imported from the Musketeer Mail list. Replies might not be seen by the original author.

Air Filter Query

If it is a FOAM element, then it should be the Bracket conversion. The OEM filter was PAPER, and may be hard to find anymore.

Aircraft Spruce, Chief Aircraft, Falcon Crest Aviation, or any large supplier of aircraft maintenance supplies should be able to obtain a Bracket filter if they don't stock your particular model.

Here is a link to the Spruce page with a D/L available showing the Bracket application guide.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...tairfilter.php

Bob Steward, A&P IA
    Birmingham, AL

-----------------------------------------
    This message was automatically imported from the Musketeer Mail list. Replies might not be seen by the original author.

The foam air filter element is a BA-3, readily available for about $10-11.

Air Filter Query

You could also get a K&N filter through Challenger Aviation. I like it more than sucking air through 1" of sticky foam. Made about 1" of throttle travel difference in my C-152 in cruise, which means the engine can breath more efficiently.
    I chewed through my restraints for this?

I personally like the Brackett for the replace and throw away convenience. In real dollars these are one of the few items that have come down in price. With an oil change running $50-$60 in materials these days I just fork out the $$ and replace the Brackett at every oil change.

I'd be curious to hear some apples to apples comparisons from somebody that has switched from a (relatively clean) Brackett to a Challenger, especially on a higher HP model (180 or 200hp).