Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gastons 2007

Gastons 2007

Weather cut you out of BAC Fest 2007?
    Couldn't get away from work this year to make the pilgrimage?
    Looking for a BAC event a little 'closer to home'?

Fear not, its time to start talking about BAC to Gastons (airport listing 3M0). For our members who are new this year and may not know. Gastons is a small fishing resort on the white river in Arkansas. It comes with its own grass strip and restaurant. Located near to Mountian Home airport (BPK) for those who may not be ready for the grass just yet.

There is usually a Friday night dinner and then breakfast and lunch on Saturday, departures about 3 pm.

Mark your calendars for 11-2 (Friday) and 11-3 (Saturday). And you can search the BAC website for Gastons to read up on previous events.

Who's planning on coming?

Jay

Paula and I will be there with Skye; just updated the calendar entry. Paula has always wanted to learn to fly-fish. So she chose to have our 40th Wedding Anniversary Celebration at Gaston's, rather than Bermuda!

We'll be arriving on Thursday, fishing on Friday, BAC event Friday night and Saturday, Anniversary on Sunday at Gaston's terrific Sunday Brunch. Special dinner Sunday night, play day Monday (which usually means the limited local shopping), back home on Tuesday.

Skye is going out in the boat, if all goes as planned. He loves to swim anyway, and he has his own life preserver with the handle on the top. Of course, his main entertainment consists of Gaston's numerous squirrels.

Dave, Dusty and Brandy are planning on it. We will only be there Saturday. Visiting parents on Friday in Tahlequah, OK then scooting over to Gastons Early Saturday. See you all there.

Mike and Paula Rellihan will be celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday November 4, at Gaston's. I have made reservations for a table of ten, for 10AM Sunday, for the excellent Gaston's Restaurant Sunday Brunch. Please let me know who might be staying overnight on Saturday, who would like to join us for the brunch.

We also have a table for two at 8PM for dinner, on the expectation that everyone else will have left by then. If anyone is planning to stay over Sunday night, and you would like to join us, please let me know. I'll be glad to increase the head count for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellihan
    Mike and Paula Rellihan will be celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday November 4, at Gaston's.

We also have a table for two at 8PM for dinner. If anyone is planning to stay over Sunday night, and you would like to join us, please let me know. I'll be glad to increase the head count for dinner.
    I bet Paula hasn't seen this post!

Congratulations Mike & Paula!

(now, the two of you have a lovely dinner alone!!!!)

Becky and I will join you around 9am Saturday and depart 2 - 3pm saturday afternoon.

Yes, this year I plan to land on the Grass!!!

Gene McPherson

Scheduling conflict, darnit!

Sandra has a Special Olympics Tournament on Saturday 11/2.

Y'all have fun.

Bo

Dang, Bo. You sure are encountering obstacles to getting back in the swing of BAC Fly-Ins!

Getting in and out of Gastons

If you are new to Gastons (or just rusty). Go to the photo gallery and check out the folder called GASTON PLANNING PHOTOS. You can find it under "south central fly ins"

Jay

Shelbyville, TN is about mid-way between 34A and 3M0. Paula is demanding that we take a break somewhere enroute. Aside from the usual Airnav listings for fuel pricing, anyone have any recommendations for a lunch and fuel stop in this area?