Thread: MUFFLER

MUFFLER

Sorry for being so late on this reply, but when I read this I wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I have a Sundowner with a Lycoming 0-360 I have over the years had to replace my muffler twice. The first time my IA told me not to bother with Knisely as "they wouldn't repair it. Well I am in California and not all that far from them, but taking the advice looked else where. I can up with the name of Dawley Aviation at 800 338-5420. The price was way better than Beech and they had an exchange. Anyway some years later had forgot about them and needed a muffler repair or replaced again and sent it to Knisely. BAD move....when I called to see if they had looked at so they could give me a price to repair it, I got sticker shock. Any way, I don't remember the price now but I can say that I started to look back to see who I had got it from before, which was Dawley. The 5 year old invoice was about 1/2 what Knisely wanted, so I asked them to just hold it tell I could call other guys. So my next call was to Dawley....again they were about 1/2 the price of Knisely Welding. I called Knisely and told them thank you very much, but could they either forward the muffler to Dawley or just send it back to me. They forwarded it on. Now I know things are higher price in this state than others, but twice....give me a break.
    >
    > Oh buy the way the muffler come back and was all new except one flange on it.

------------------------------------

Join BAC today and be a part of the ONLY Type Club for the Musketeer series!

www.beechaeroclub.org

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/musketeermail/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/musketeermail/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:musketeermail-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto:musketeermail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    musketeermail-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

-----------------------------------------
    This message was automatically imported from BAC-Mail or the Musketeer Mail list. Replies might not be seen by the original author.

Muffler

I'll add my two cents as well. I've used Dawley Aviation a number of times for both my Beech and Stinson 10. It's been a good shop and reasonable. I know, I know.... this is probably posted elsewhere already.

MUFFLER

Don't forget, Powerflow now makes an exhaust system for the Sundowner. It is pricey but, it does add power. Weall need power !

--- On Wed, 5/6/09, Ron <ron95020@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [musketeermail] MUFFLER
    To: musketeermail@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 9:03 PM

Sorry for being so late on this reply, but when I read this I wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I have a Sundowner with a Lycoming 0-360 I have over the years had to replace my muffler twice. The first time my IA told me not to bother with Knisely as "they wouldn't repair it. Well I am in California and not all that far from them, but taking the advice looked else where. I can up with the name of Dawley Aviation at 800 338-5420. The price was way better than Beech and they had an exchange. Anyway some years later had forgot about them and needed a muffler repair or replaced again and sent it to Knisely. BAD move....when I called to see if they had looked at so they could give me a price to repair it, I got sticker shock. Any way, I don't remember the price now but I can say that I started to look back to see who I had got it from before, which was Dawley. The 5 year old invoice was about 1/2 what Knisely wanted, so I asked them to just hold it tell I
    could call other guys. So my next call was to Dawley....again they were about 1/2 the price of Knisely Welding. I called Knisely and told them thank you very much, but could they either forward the muffler to Dawley or just send it back to me. They forwarded it on. Now I know things are higher price in this state than others, but twice....give me a break.
    >
    > Oh buy the way the muffler come back and was all new except one flange on it.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Join BAC today and be a part of the ONLY Type Club for the Musketeer series!

www.beechaeroclub.org

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/musketeermail/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/musketeermail/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:musketeermail-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto:musketeermail-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    musketeermail-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

-----------------------------------------
    This message was automatically imported from BAC-Mail or the Musketeer Mail list. Replies might not be seen by the original author.