Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last BAC Picnic on the Flightline at AirVenture July 28th

Last BAC Picnic on the Flightline at AirVenture July 28th

Update

The third annual BAC gathering at Oshkosh will be our second BAC picnic at Larry and Debbie Last's house adjacent to the Airport. The picnic is on Tuesday July 28th, with festivities starting at 2:00 and food arriving at 2:30. We'll have catered goodies including brats, chicken, corn on the cob, beans, beer and soft drinks. Pretty much the same setup as last year.

We are asking for a $10 deposit per person, which we will refund at the picnic. Sort of a penalty if you don't show up! You need to pre-register by July 18th by sending a check made out to 'Beech Aero Club' to:

Robert Schmidt
    2837 Meadow Lane
    Hartland, WI 53029

If you don't have a chance to preregister, it's $15 per person at the picnic. We'll have a shuttle from he AirVenture grounds and a map available soon.

Please respond on this thread if you plan on attending. Include the number of guests you will be bringing.

We'll probably ride the bikes up to this one. Not comfortable enough to fly into OSH during the AirVenture.

Come see us for the $20.

Sam
    Samuel Cryer
    President
    Plane Safe Aircraft Maintenance, Inc.
    Waukesha, WI (KUES)
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...sFlying146.jpg

I drive it as well. No sense taking up a valuable tie-down when an out-of-stater may need it.

Man, I gotta be a bill collector now!

Bob,

Sign me up for 3. We will probably fly in Tuesday morning!

Cheers!

Chris

Bob-
    I'll be there! The checks in the mail! See ya there!

All for one!
    Chris L.

The Picnic was the highlight of a fantastic trip last year. Therefore my check is also in the mail for one attendee this year. For those who manage to get there, you will not be disappointed. The hospitality of the hosts, the food, the view and the fellowship cannot be overstated.

Charlie Baumann
    Sport N6578R, MB-729
    Zuehl Field, near San Antonio
    (using an airliner though)

Thanks for the compliment, Charlie! We've got you down for one!

We have verbal commitments for 20 attendees so far! I'll build an attendee list as I receive the reservations.

Preparing for Take-off Preparing for Take-off
    From the host's Larry and Debbie Last, I hope you can all attend the picnic. If there is anything we can do to make your stay here in OSH a great one please ask. We have room for tents, sleeping bags and cars/campers Just e mail us at last1@att.net and "come on up" Larry

Here is a picture of Larry's back yard taken at last year's picnic. He's got a great place to camp - and have a picnic!! Yup, those are airplanes tied down in the background, across the airshow runway.

Got a couple more verbal confirmations and I have received the following deposits:

Bobby Lee Litchfield (swimbob) -- 5
    Chris Mayer (CRJdriver) -- 3
    Charlie Baumann (CBaumann) -- 1
    Larry Last (LLast) -- 2
    Bob Schmidt (rgschmi) -- 2

We need deposits before July 18th, but the sooner the better!!