Thread: What would get YOU to a fly in?

What would get YOU to a fly in?

One of the important roles of BAC is providing the opportunity to meet, greet and share ideas with others who have like interests. One of the ways we can do that face to face is through fly ins. This brings up some interesting questons.
    1. What would it take to get you to a fly in?
    2, How long should a fly in be? 1 day, 2 days, 3 days ???
    3. How far would you go to attend a fly in?
    4. What types of events, programs would get you to a fly in?
    5. Should the events be for families too or just Musketeer related?
    6. Would you be interested in hosting a fly in?

These are just a few of the questions that have come up. Let's use the new BAC Mail to have a discussion on this topic. Fly Ins are a great way to meet and share with other BAC members as well as others interested in flying.
    --
    Dave Buttram
    BAC North Central Director
    N132P

aIhave to be available... (hardest part...well almost..see#3)
    a: 1day to 2 days.. for longer flights, I'd stay over if accomodations are nearby.
    a: 300nm (3hr flight) max right now
    a: Doesn't take much..just BS is ok, need#1.
    a:No difference in my case, family will not fly.
    a: Sure.. who would come to Charlotte ? Not much around the airport here as attractions, so it would be just a get together, maybe a BBQ... Icould do that !! Got plenty of pork BBQ. So help me pick a date !!!

Dr Bill
    76 Sundowner N9230S
    8A6

Some great questions Dave (boy, that is a great first name you have there!). Just wanted to mention how I advertised the first East Regionalfully planned fly-inat Merriville, IN (as versus the BAC East eventthat Brian Foote planned).

1. Announced it on BAC Mail
    2. Announced it on Musketeermail
    3. Placed it on the calendar at BAC.org
    4. Submitted it to AOPA <http://www.aopa.org/pilot/calendar/addcal.cfm>
    5. Submitted it to the Delta Air Show Website <airshowguide@blueyonder.co.uk (airshowguide@blueyonder.co.uk)>. Website <http://www.deltaweb.co.uk/asgcal/usjul.htm>
    We are looking for a turn-out that will generate more pilots and planes than just a Musketeer only fly-in, so although it is titled a BAC fly-in we have invited all pilots to attend. We are trying to get at least one of the controllers from the Chicago/Gary Airport to put on a seminar, and he/they require a good turn-out before they will guarantee an appearance. In this part of the world to have one or both of these traveling controllers make a presentation is a totally awesome experience. At the two seminars I attended, both controllers did a comedy routine that made their safety messages stick. They actively seek sponsors and usually have about a $1,000 in prizes to hand-out to those that have the first correct answers. (Klien Tools and Hooter Airlines are the two biggest sponsors)! I've personally won about $300 in prizes.

<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
    David Snodgrass
    BAC East Central Regional Director
    Beech Be23 N6083N
    North Manchester, IN

From: bac-mail-bounces@beechaeroclub.org [mailto:bac-mail-bounces@beechaeroclub.org] On Behalf Of Dave Buttram
    Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 8:29 PM
    To: Bac-Mail
    Subject: [BAC-Mail] What would get YOU to a fly in?

One of the important roles of BAC is providing the opportunity to meet, greet and share ideas with others who have like interests. One of the ways we can do that face to face is through fly ins. This brings up some interesting questons.

These are just a few of the questions that have come up. Let's use the new BAC Mail to have a discussion on this topic. Fly Ins are a great way to meet and share with other BAC members as well as others interested in flying.
    --
    Dave Buttram
    BAC North Central Director
    N132P

It isn't what gets me to fly ins, rather what keeps me away! I would go to just about any fly in for pretty much any reason. The weather is usually what keeps me away. Meeting fellow Musketeer flyers and others is always fun whether there is an event or just a get together!

The time frame can be a problem especially here in the west. The one-dayer's make it difficult to fly in and back out so I would just stay over even if the others departed the same day.

Chris L.
    Sierra N5106M
    KSLC