Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Help needed for Arlington 2011 Fly in

I will second Jack and say Arlington was a lot of fun and I wish the weather on Thursday was better. The best part about the fly-in was meeting everyone and now being able to put a name to a face. I hope to meet up again soon at another BAC Fly-in!
    Where has our Sierra been:
    [SIGPIC]Where has our Sierra been[/SIGPIC]

FLY SAFELY
    Jon Krane

Orbiting Earth Flight Levels ThomSmith's Avatar
    In the Blue Mountains of North East Oregon
    Pictures ....... Pictures...... Pictures Please!!!!
    Thom Smith
    N3688Q
    67 Super III
    KLGD

Arlington was excellent. All the locals keep telling me how it was better years ago. Having been to other recent fly ins, Arlington was the best. The vendors were out in force (we only had six vendors at the Golden State Fly In). I checked several new products and purchased some items at the fly mart that were very well (Musketeer valued) priced. The highlight of the fly in was meeting many BAC'rs. Our members are fun, out going and interesting folks. I enjoyed speaking with each.
    I checked out all the planes. I have to say Mark Hoskins wins the fire wall forward first prize. I'm picky about maintenance. I have never witnessed such an overtop anal effort to make an engine compartment look better than new. Mark did it and with success. It is the best install outside of a factory effort that I have viewed. I had the pleasure of being airlifted back to Bellingham by Marty and Mark. Behind this engine the plane really performs. I would like to thank both Marty and Mark for the privilege of the ride.
    Don't mistake my enthusiasm for Marks install as a slap to others. All attendees aircraft were very flight worthy. I was pleased to hear how far some flew to attend. What a group of troopers.

I have some pictures to share, hardly any of us members, mostly just the fly-in airplanes (I am an airplane guy, after all). I'll have to post them when I get back to Phoenix. I agree that the fly-in was a good one, although there were more airplanes on display last year. I believe there were just as many private planes parked in the Paddocks as any year though. The Cherokee club was there with a BUNCH of airplanes and were celebrating the 50th year of the Cherokee. They actually gave us some ideas for next years fly-in. The weather was over all pretty good with only Thursday having low clouds and drizzle Friday was cool and dry, so I got to wear my flannel shirt. A treat for me. Saturday and Sunday was like paradise. What a good time with the members. Everyone helped man the booth, although we didn't sign any one up, there were several probables. I'm already looking forward to flying the Sierra up next year.

Marty Vanover
    Arlington, Wa.

Arlington 2011 Completed my first Fly-in ever! What an experience. Airplane sensory overload was my condition from the start. I even dreamed Jon Radysh told me to just estimate the weight and balance for my return trip! The best part was meeting all the BAC'ers and getting to talk about our planes. I learned so much from everyone and say thank you to all my new friends. Keaton

I posted a bunch of pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't know what I was doing. I gave each photo a description, but I don't see them with the photo. I also couldn't figure out how to put these in a folder. Maybe one of the computer types can sort them out. Check out Northwest fly-ins in the Photo Gallery.

Marty Vanover
    Phoenix, Az.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Great pics Marty!
    Where has our Sierra been:
    [SIGPIC]Where has our Sierra been[/SIGPIC]

FLY SAFELY
    Jon Krane

Orbiting Earth Flight Levels ThomSmith's Avatar
    In the Blue Mountains of North East Oregon
    Marty
    The individual picture descriptors are farther down the page just below the blue line, so they are all there. I agree ... great pics. They make me feel like I was there at the airshow. I just wish I had some to make me feel like I was also at the BAC event!!!!

Kidding aside, thanx for the pics of the BAC dinner- it looks to have been a good time! I would have traded places with you in a heartbeat!
    (Naw... no I wouldn't)
    .... it appears to have been at the same venue as last year. Hope it was enjoyed by all.
    Thom Smith
    N3688Q
    67 Super III
    KLGD

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456