Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Columbia, California - April 2

Columbia, California - April 2

Attention Southwest BACers: We're planning a fly-in to Columbia, California (O22) on Saturday April 2, 2011. Columbia is a 1850's era Gold Rush town in the Sierra Nevada foothills and is a State Historic Park. The town is about a half-mile walk from the airport. Activities at the town include a variety of shops, historic buildings, a theater, a stage ride, and restaurants. Optionally, you may wish to make an overnight trip by staying in one of the historic hotels here.

Here's the link to the town website:

http://www.columbiacalifornia.com

More details to follow soon. Look at your calendar and see if you can make it to Columbia!

Doug Faucette
    79 C23 - N60003
    Last edited by Clinderman; 02-22-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: correct typos

I/We might be able to manage this - I'm due back from Beijing on March the 27th. We do have some visitors over the weekend but we think they'll be tied up with other plans on the 2nd anyway.
    -=-
    Mark

Doug-
    Weather permitting, I'll be there. I also posted it on the calendar.
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member
    Sierra N5106M
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

I'll be there. I don't know if my plane is coming, though--FAA issues, plane is perfectly airworthy.
    I chewed through my restraints for this?

Interesting... Might try to make this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eddie Smith

Drats! Almost in my back yard and it will be during Sun-n-Fun.

Well, here's wishing all that attend some sun and fun.
    Last edited by mvanover; 03-04-2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Marty - You can think of this as an alternate fly-in for those of us on the West Coast, who don't want to travel so far. Who knows, we might have warm weather that time of year in California.

Chris - thanks for posting this on the event calendar. Hope you can make it.

Regards,

Doug Faucette

Just a reminder folks, the Columbia Gold Rush Fly-In is a week away. I've been reluctant to say much as the weather in California has been just awful lately, and I was afraid we might have to cancel. But the weather appears to be changing, and the West Coast is moving into a dryer and warmer weather pattern for the week ahead. So we'll keep the fly-in scheduled for April 2 as planned.

I would like to suggest the following schedule: 10:30 AM plan for arrival and meet up at the Columbia Airport (O22). Then we'll walk to town (about 1/2 mile.) Once in town, we'll have time to browse the shops for meeting up for lunch at one of the town's restaurants.

Send me a PM for my cell number.

Hope we have a good turn out for the first Southwest Fly-In of the year!

Doug Faucette
    N60003 - C23

Yea! Just made my reservation for Friday night at the columbia Inn Motel: http://www.columbiainnmotel.net/ The Motel seems pretty basic, but it is priced right and is 1/8 mile from the airport. If anyone is interested in meeting up Friday night for a cocktail my cell is 661-201-5549. Anyone considering staying at the Columbia Inn tell them you are with the Beech Aero Club, there is a possibility of a 10% discount. Normally there is a 48 hour cancellation policy, which is waived if you tell them you are flying in.

Weather should be shaping up nicely by this weekend! (knock on wood) See you all there!

Richard Kutzner
    hifiguy

p.s. Wife Shell and our 4 year old Max are coming too!