Here in Ca our tax code allows for aircraft 35 years and older to be exempt from Personal Property taxes under specific conditions. The requirements are that I display my aircraft 12 times per year and not use the plane for commercial or General Transportation. I am allowed to use the plane to remain current and carry others to the event. All my flying is to remain current or attend an event. The tax code doesn't require the event to be large, posted or well attended.

As a BAC member I have been thinking in terms of PT points. I am now thinking in Tax terms. You don't need any lead time for a BAC Tax fly in. Just post so others can join in if they wish. The good part is even if no one attends, it still meets the requirement of the tax code.

Check you states codes they may be similar. Save that money for 100LL