Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BAC Picnic on the Flightline at Oshkosh Airventure Tuesday, July 26

BAC Picnic on the Flightline at Oshkosh Airventure Tuesday, July 26

Join us for the fourth annual BAC Picnic on the Flightline at the Larry and Debbie Last residence adjacent to the Oshkosh airport. Rules are the same as previous years - send a $10 deposit per person to the address below. You can also pay at the picnic, but it will cost $15 per person. Please get your checks to me by July 15th so we can let the caterer know the head count. If you are a no-show, your deposit will forfeited and used toward picnic expenses. The picnic will be catered again this year with burgers, brats, chicken, corn on the cob, and baked beans, as well as beer and soft drinks. There will also be an on-demand shuttle from the AirVenture grounds to and from the picnic.

For a map of the Grounds and Larry's address, go to Downloads, then Articles and you will see an entry for the BAC Picnic, which has Larry's address and a PDF map of the AirVenture gates. The on-demand shuttle (BAC-mobile) will pick you up at Gate E01. If you need directions, mention that this is the same gate used for buses to the seaplane base. There will be a sign posted at the gate with the number to call for the shuttle. If we get the same lady at the gate as we had the last three years, she is familiar with the process and very helpful!!

Larry's address for you drivers:

3827 Red Oak Court
    Oshkosh, WI

The shuttle (BACmobile) will start at 1:00 and the caterer will start serving at 2:30.

Please get your checks to me by July 16th so we can let the caterer know the head count.

Send $10 per guest to:

Robert Schmidt
    2837 Meadow Lane
    Hartland, WI 53029
    Last edited by rgschmi; 06-10-2011 at 08:39 PM.
    Bob Schmidt, Founding Member
    Sundowner N282G has landed in:

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

No activity yet on this thread. Anyone planning to come????

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

I plan on attending with two guests (three total). As I recall, you prefer the check to be made out to "Beech Aero Club"?
    Nick Boland
    '73 Sierra N2524W

States visited:

Good point. Make the checks out to Beech Aero Club. Otherwise I have to cash them and then write a check to Beech Aero Club myself.

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

I'm planning on coming - maybe with my daughter.
    Dave Gribble
    Marion IA
    Flying the Restored Hangarmouse (Super III N3698Q)
    Building RV-9A N149DG

Got two checks in the mail today, so thing are starting to look up!!!!

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

Purchased my wristband on Monday for AirVenture. Paid off my balance for my dorm room on Tuesday. Mailed my check for the picnic on Wednesday. I am all set.
    John Redmon
    East Central Regional Director
    '78 Sierra N18981
    KMQJ
    McCordsville, IN

States visited with N18981
    & Boots on the Ground!
    (No fly overs or touch-n-goes)

For those of you attending the Tuesday picnic, you are going to get a real treat in the airshow. I have seen two Bob Hoover airshow some years ago at my home airport and he was amazing. They will do a tribute to him and I hope they will have someone doing maneuvers like he did with a Shrike Commander and a P51 Mustang. Never before and not since have I seen maneuvers that he did by any aerobatic performer. Also, did anyone get the news that there is now a Conoco Phillips Plaza at the airshow. I think it replaces the name that was there for many years which was Aeroshell Square. It is hard to know exactly because on the Airventure web site, Aeroshell Square is still there and there is no Conoco Phillips Plaza. I don't think their map making has caught up with the news. This news is interesting because of the preference for Conoco Phillips oil by Hammerhead Aero at KLUX. I witnessed them scrape a lot of parafin wax from the Shell product out of my plane.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Well, this is the slowest signup for the picnic by far. I hope you all are just waiting until the last minute to sign up, but I'm getting acid indigestion waiting for you!

I've got the following signed up:

Larry Last (our host) - 2 attendees
    Bob Schmidt (me) - 2 attendees
    John Redmon - 1 attendee
    Nick Boland - 3 attendees
    Charles Booton - 1 attendee

That's a total of 8 people, about 1/10th of what we had last year, and only a month to go!!!

Also flew VH-WEI in Oz.

speedybob
    I may come with one guest but won't know for sure until a couple of days before Airventure starts. But I guess that's two weeks too late to sign up.