Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: BACFest 2011

Glad to see that all our folks made it home safely thru this low pressure system that created icing and such, as bad luck would have it, I'm now involved in a CAP search and rescue for a piper that didn't make it home thru Va in this weather, he went down somewhere on the Va an WV border Sunday, we're still looking. I did a quick speech at BAC fest, on how CAP comes looking when bad things happen, I wish, hope him well.

Steve

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto corcoran's Avatar
    Steve,
    Thanks for the impromptu presentation at BACFest on Search and Rescue. We all enjoyed it. Thanks to Marty too for the Reno update. Sorry I grabbed the wrong flashstick going out the door... I'll post the photos here soon on "Musketeers Do Not Float".
    I hope you find the lost plane in Virginia soon and that everyone is OK.
    Tom Corcoran

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto corcoran's Avatar
    Until the story is fully told to highlight why: "Musketeers Do Not Float" go to

http://flash.aopa.org/asf/pilotstori...ginthedark.cfm

Tom Corcoran

Steve,

It is always great to see you again. I also really enjoyed and learned from your presentation. I gained several survival tips from your presentation, on Friday. You shared some valuable life saving information, that I will make a part of my standard ops.

Thank you, for all you do and for being at BACfest again this year,

Sciscoe

Sorry I'm late getting on this.....We are trying to get things done at work as Dru and I are off again this Thur and Friday for one final camping adventure....

BACFest was so much more than I expected!!!! I had a great time meeting everyone...now I have to put board names with real names....:0 The Penn Yan tour was a huge success (Thanks John!) I learned a lot from there and have been drilling my mechanics on things to look for during maintenance. Getting to go to the Glenn Curtiss Museum was an unexpected treat! We even had a personal tour guide after "Charlie" latched onto us. It was really fun!

The convention was fantastic....the Hotel was a bit dated, but the people that worked ther made it a non-factor. The stories were flying high (as to be expected) and the libations were were flowing. After lunch on Saturday, people just sat down and talked, not just about airplanes...it was really nice to get to know everyone.

I can tell you that we have a very nice group of people involved in the Beech Aero Club...if you could not make it to this event, you really have to plan for BACFest 2012!!! This was my frist time and I know it will not be my last!!! I am already planning for the Gulf Shores!!!!

I will post up some pictures later.....

Sam
    Samuel Cryer
    President
    Plane Safe Aircraft Maintenance, Inc.
    Waukesha, WI (KUES)
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...sFlying146.jpg

Initial Climb Initial Climb
    404E Hickory Bend Rd, Enterprise, AL, 36330
    I thought we were going to have a BAC Fest in Alabama this year...what happened or am I totally out in left field?

Orbiting Earth Heading to Pluto sjcote's Avatar
    Nope, not in left field; you are correct. Gulf Shores AL. There was some confusion between Mississippi and Alabama.
    http://www.beechaeroclub.org/showthr...3-BACFest-2012

Steve Cote
    BAC Founding Member
    Sundowner N-1958L

Confusion between Mississippi and Alabama???

You yanks need to get out more.

Orbiting Earth Left the Solar System
    It helps if you look at the right thread. It's now 2012.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112