Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beech Party 2012 - Tullahoma, TN (KTHA) Oct. 17th - 21st

Beech Party 2012 - Tullahoma, TN (KTHA) Oct. 17th - 21st

I am planning on flying down on Wednesday the 17th, camp by the plane, and depart on Friday. Is anyone else attending?

Please accept our invitation to attend this year's Beech Party.

This event promises to be several fabulous days of fun and excitement, as we celebrate several milestones in not only the history of Beech Aircraft, but also in aviation history!

Simply another excuse to relax and enjoy sharing the passion of flight with your aviation friends, numerous activities are planned to enhance our members' and guests' experience. Perhaps the most interesting are the impromptu sights and sounds of antique and classic aircraft circling the airfield.

Get more information Register Now!

We look forward to seeing you in Tullahoma this fall.
    Sincerely,

The Beech Party Staff
    Beechcraft Heritage Museum
    info@beechcraftheritagemuseum.org
    (931) 455-1974
    Last edited by AVIATOR_; 10-11-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    John Redmon
    East Central Regional Director
    '78 Sierra N18981
    KMQJ
    McCordsville, IN

States visited with N18981
    & Boots on the Ground!
    (No fly overs or touch-n-goes)

I wish I could, and plan to someday. I was headed that way once, back about 2004 or 2005, but found one of those pesky pinholes in a fuel line while washing the plane.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pNd4...e_gdata_player

Sent from my iPad Steve Koski

Sharmalie an I landed in There on the way back from bfest, watch the video link above of the landing. I am not sure but I believe we fly in directly over the museum on short final.

Steve

Yep, that's the BHM just left of your approach.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

I can't make it this year but I have been to the museum and it is fantastic! If you can make the event you should....you won't be disappointed.

Here is shot of one of the stars of the Museum:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member & former President
    Sierra N5106M (former owner)
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

Thanks Cloyd, I didn't remember that this was the home airport for Beech. John Persinger asked me if that was why we choose to stop here on the way home to DC, nope, it just had clear weather after leaving the soup down at Jack Edwards, surely didn't want to fly any more in IFR conditions to land at the end of a 3 hour flight. Looks like they have lots of room for parking planes, FBO is all new and fuel was truck or self serve, the latter being the cheapest. Gary and Mary picked this as their first stop on the way home as well, made me look at it as well, Gary if your out there, how was the trip home for you an Mary?

Steve

Steve-
    Minor correction....Tullahoma is not the home airport of Beech. It is the home airport for the Beechcraft Heritage Museum.
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member & former President
    Sierra N5106M (former owner)
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

I expect to be there either Friday or Saturday or both

Tom Kinstler
    Springville AL

I don't know if I want to go to a Beech Heritage Museum that does not have a mouse for an exhibit. Seems like they are ignoring the red headed step child of the fleet.

James, not too many years back, the Beech Heritage Museum was very interested in the red headed step children. I thought that they had even secured one to include in their museum. Brad, Cloyd, or Chris probably has the most up to date information on this.