Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winwood, West Virginia

Winwood, West Virginia

I just noticed in another thread that there is some interest in a fly in to the Winwood resort in Davis WV. Sounds like a great Idea! How about we discuss it here? Weekend? Lunch?

Consider discussion started. How's next Saturday sound? Can we send out a email to the mid-Atlantic members? I am in if its VFR.
    Last edited by Clinderman; 10-21-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: c.t.

See if that works for others. I have a backpacking weekend planned already for next weekend. But if you want that weekend we can get it on the calendar. Yes there is a way to email the region. But I don't remember how. Someone will help us if we ask.

Paul,

Windward is a nice little place. Great food and service!! Joe does a terrific job and he caters to the pilot folk. We have a pilots of America fly in there every year.

Bump to the top.
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member
    Sierra N5106M
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

I'm in - how do we pick a weekend ???

Regards,
    Scott
    N63503 - 1982 Beech Sundowner
    Tin Mouse
    The Office

Scott: It's pretty hard to plan much in advance this time of year, especially in the mountains of WV. You are flying the greatest distance so make a tentative plan, then firm it up late Thursday. Those that can come, will. So let's do this! Tom

Call it Scott and its game on.

Please not next weekend because I'm flying to Columbia, SC for the Tennessee-S.Car game. Winwood is one of my favorite destinations. I've talked with them several times about possibly buying a place there! Some of the world's best cinnamon rolls at Amelia's Restaurant!

Morn'n Folks,

Make sure you have a nice guest room then - Alan - we may like it too...

This is great - can't recall a BAC overnighter in this little corner of the country before... Well - since it's getting colder daily - just throw'n it out there - how about NOV 02 and NOV 03 - too soon ??? If a day looks good on either side of the weekend - I might extend a day so Jackie and I could take a look around the area...

I like Tom's idea about checking in the Thursday before - to confirm weather... Would it be too late to make reservations at that point - or - should we reserve earlier and just hope for the best ? Are they crowded this time of year ? What about ground transportation - can/should we get a rent-a-car at Winwood ? If the weather cooperates - I'll probably shoot for launching at or before dawn with 2.5 or so of actual flight... Best place to fuel up in the area ?

Hmm - I'd better go download a copy of JD - - - hmm - - - umm - - - then again - - - maybe not... County roads - take me home to the place where I belong - West Virginia - Mountain Mama - Take Me Home - County Roads... Good thing this is a forum and nobody can actually hear me sing...

Regards,
    Scott

I'm ready:

Last edited by scottb613; 10-22-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    N63503 - 1982 Beech Sundowner
    Tin Mouse
    The Office