Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luray Caverns (KLUA) Dec 15, 2012

Smile Luray Caverns (KLUA) Dec 15, 2012

We will fly in to Luray Caverns Airport (LUA), VA at 10:00AM and they will shuttle us to the caverns for a tour. Admission is $24.00 for adults, $12.00 for children. Luray Caverns are some of the largest and most famous caverns in the world! Also included is the Car & Carriage Museum.

Following the cavern tour, we will dine at the onsite restaurant for lunch before being transported back to the airport. Fuel currently at LUA is $5.65/gallon. It doesn't matter how cold it is outside, the caverns are always around 58*! Please join us for a fun afternoon!

Link to website: http://www.luraycaverns.com/
    Last edited by drwhite; 11-19-2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added link

Sounds good but weather, weather, weather. I'll try.

Sounds good I am in.If you are going there from Manassas HEF keep a look out for parachutist with Snowmobile suits around warrenton ( right Wizard).They will probably still be jumping then.

I've done that trip and it's very nice. I was particularly pleased with the car museum. As a "freebie" I was not expecting much, but it was an interesting tour and a nice complement to the caverns. The airport is nice and the people were reasonably prompt. I also learned that putting black pepper on vanilla ice cream will not change the taste, but will prevent brain freeze. I haven't tried it, but the person giving us the lift swore by it.
    Les Gawlik

N6008L M-2087
    Martin State Airport (KMTN), Baltimore, Maryland

I believe Sharmlie an I will make it there.

Steve

I posted the event on the event calendar. Hopefully the weather will cooperate . Nice fly in idea Alan ! Wonder how to change the forum header to Dec 15 vs. the 8th on the initial title. Les are you planning on flying in ? Any ideas or suggestions for a Maryland fly In ? Tom, it will be good to see you after the lancaster fly in fell through. Thanks John Persinger
    Last edited by JOHNNYXRAY; 11-19-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Trying to beat Chris to it(lol)

I'd like to. My fiancee has back problems and has trouble sitting for more than 30 minutes or so. Flying doesn't allow for the frequent stops that would be necessary. I don't remember anything special about the flight except that gas was relatively cheap, or should I say less insanely priced than around here. The caverns are about 10 min away from the airport. We called when we got there, and it took them about 20 minutes to get to the airport, so they left very quickly after being called. We were able to get a ride to a restaurant nearby. We didn't eat at the caverns, but I don't remember why. Be sure to bring your camera.
    Les Gawlik

N6008L M-2087
    Martin State Airport (KMTN), Baltimore, Maryland

It's time to talk about Luray Caverns this weekend. Who's in?
    Last edited by Clinderman; 12-11-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: c.t.

We have a new grand daughter on the way tonight, our daughters water broke tonight Tuesday, probably won't be able to be there.

Steve

Stever, if she can hold on for 3 hours and 10 minutes, her birthday will be 12/12/12. But, babies don't have much patience.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.