Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BACFest 2013 Planning.

BACFest 2013 Planning.

Time to plan ahead and lock in your vacation schedule for BACFest 2013 Sept 19-23, 2013!
    This will be our first Virginia Beach BACFest. Our home airport will be KORF, Norfolk VA International, and our sponsoring FBO is Landmark Aviation. With a brand new facility under construction now we should have a great time. We have a local team of Alan White, John Persinger, and Paul Werbin working already to male this a memorable trip. Fuel discounts and fee waivers are just the beginning. We have an entire floor reserved at the Waterfront Virginia Beach Resort and Conference Center.
    In addition to the usual BAC activities we have a lot to see and do. It looks like we need to prioritize a bit. I am looking for feedback on the following list. What seems most cun for you and your families? Anything here seem "must do"? Or not so much? I think we can schedule the most popular for closest to the weekend and space others out a little.
    Here is a partial list:
    Fly to Wright Brothers airpory museum
    Virginia Miles Aviation Museum
    Do some grass strip landing
    Night Airshow Friday at Oceana Naval Air Station
    Sat or Sunday Airshow. Blue Angels!!
    Colonial Williamsburg tour, fly or drive, outlet mall shopping.
    Chesapeake Bay Dolphin tour boat/ happy hour
    fly to Tangier Island KTGI
    ATC radar facility tour
    Group Seafood dinner
    Beach Cookout Dinnerand
    Maintenance Clinic. Oil chang? Tire change? Lube Landing gear?
    there are a lot of choices here but we have some great local tour guide/ flight advisors so we can have multiple concurrent events. Let us know what you want! Or add your requests to the list.

I think this will be memorable for females too! Not just males as stated above!

Paul,
    It all sounds good. I like the idea of a maintenance clinic. I would point out that we had a maintenance clinic at the first BAC Fest at the Beech factory and we covered oil change and maybe tire change. I think Chris Linderman still has DVDs available that show this. I wish we had a DVD of Marty's presentation at Gulf Shores. I really wanted to see that but was not able to get there in time.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

Does it go through the 23rd? That's Monday.

I just saw all the other typos. Droid spell checker gets some of the blame. Sorry. Paul

I thought the typhos were a virus implant for Dr. Linderman to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by wdnd5960 View Post
    I thought the typhos were a virus implant for Dr. Linderman to fix.
    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Paul, I would vote for a group flight. I personally like grass strips, but that may not be the best group idea. Tangier island would be neat. - Denis.

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser

Paul

i would like several of the items:

the Aviation museums, both air shows, the seafood dinner and te ATC radar tour.
    Gene McPherson

Any other maintenance clinic requests? I bet we can get more copies of the last dvd to share with newer members. I am ok repeating this if we have some that want hands on.