Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BAC Day

BAC Day

I propose we schedule a BAC Day. This day would be set aside by members for the purpose of taking our Beeches for a flight. Flights can be for 5 minutes or an all day affair. On subsequent days we would write our experiences to a forum here for everyone to see. How many of our aircraft can get into the air in one day?

So, what do you think?

Tom,
    I think it is a great idea! Wouldn't it be neat to have 100 BAC members in the air on the same day!
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member & former President
    Sierra N5106M (former owner)
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

Quote Originally Posted by TOMTERRIFIC View Post
    I propose we schedule a BAC Day. This day would be set aside by members for the purpose of taking our Beeches for a flight. Flights can be for 5 minutes or an all day affair. On subsequent days we would write our experiences to a forum here for everyone to see. How many of our aircraft can get into the air in one day?

So, what do you think?
    Tom, I'm down for two weeks, but great idea. One day notice would work for me in a couple of weeks.

Mike

That is a great idea. More flying is good, right. Actually a BAC Day could be a "force multiplier". We have a great club, with a fantaastic website and magazine to go along with it. Anything we can do to draw attention to the club is good. Many ideas have been used in the past, and hey, looks like we still have some 574 members which is only down a bit from the high. Many are renewals, which means members recognize the value of the club. Aircraft with active type clubs are certainly more desirable than orphaned aircraft. Do you-all get the daily AOPA e-mail updates? A BAC day is the type of thing they would love to pick up and put on their daily e-mail message. Could be a way to get those who are not familiar with the club (yes, they are out there despite the efforts over the years) to know we are out here. A visit to the website should convince a doubter that they need to join. So for a number of reasons, BAC day is a great idea. All for one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charlie Baumann
    1974 Sport 150
    N6578R, MB-729
    Zuehl Field, near San Antonio Texas

BAC in the air! Works for me!

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    Alan White is on to something here. We've got to watch that guy and Persinger too!

I read recently about the (Swift?) type club that did this one day deal with good results.
    Is Memorial Day weekend waiting too long?

If you give a little recogniton for flying over the most states, that would give us New England guys an advantage which we are happy to accept.
    The guys out west can go for the altitude claim.

Tom Corcoran

BAC Day?
    High and Dry Day?
    Beech Party?
    Beeches Up?
    Upper Beech Day?
    World Beech Day?
    Global Beech Fly Day?

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar
    I withdraw my accolades for the fly day suggestion from Alan White.
    It was Tom Robertson who started it.

I think we should still watch White and Persinger of Mid-Atlantic. They are always up to something.

Tom Corcoran - Haven't seen their BEECH NUT Tshirts yet.

I like "Up Yer Beech" Day...
    My airplane isn't slow... it's stately.

How 'bout 'pull up your Beeches' ?

Great idea, I'm one of those guys that will fly for any excuse.
    Tim Vangundy
    Camby, Indiana
    Gordon Graham Field, 2R2
    1978 Sundowner
    N18977