Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAC Fly-In May 18-19 For Rocky Mountain Sport Aircraft Expo

BAC Fly-In May 18-19 For Rocky Mountain Sport Aircraft Expo

Time for the North Central Region to have a Fly-In! I am sponsoring a BAC Fly-In to the Front Range Airport (FTG) in Watkins, CO in conjunction with the Colorado Pilots Associationís Rocky Mountain Light Sport Aircraft Expo (http://www.rmlsaexpo.org/index.html) May 18-19. There will be a pancake breakfast on the 18th from 8AM to 11AM for early arrivals and we can do a late lunch both days at the Aviator Grill on the Airport. A schedule of events for the Expo is posted on the website listed above. If anyone is planning on RONing let me know as I am still checking on accommodations. Information for Front Range Airport can be found here: http://www.ftg-airport.com/.
    Last edited by dystevens; 04-05-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Add Logo
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse

Sounds good, Dave. I am going to mark my calendar and try to make it.
    All for one!
    Chris Linderman
    BAC Founding Member
    Sierra N5106M
    KSUN (Hailey, ID)

States visited by N5106M

Thanks Dave for hosting this. I am glad to hear there is interest from other regions. It's spring and time to get all those baby beeches in the air. Let's make this a great fly-in!
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Dave, sounds like a great idea. That weekend is our 35th wedding anniversary and our kids have told us that we cannot leave the state. I would enjoy looking at you super, maybe next time. - Denis.
    Last edited by Clinderman; 04-07-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: c.t.

N9357S - B24R Sierra
    Denis Weiser

I have it on my calendar

Mike

This is a reminder about the fly-in at Front Range Airport near Denver in conjunction with teh Rocky Mountain Sport Aircraft Expo May 18th & 19th. So far it looks like four have indicated they are going. We would love to have all of you come so put that on your calendar and let us know. Dave Stevens is hosting this ahd has arranged a minivan for transportation as well as reasonably priced hotel rooms. He will soon be posting more information.
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

This should be a great Fly-In. In addition to being able to see some of the latest Light Sport Aircraft at the Expo we have been able to arrange some additional benefits and activities for BAC members. Here is what we have so far: For those that plan on remaining overnight on Saturday we have a discounted rate at Springhill Suites. To get the discounted rate please use this link for making for making your Hotel reservations: http://cwp.marriott.com/denda/frontrange/. The Colorado Pilots Association is sponsoring a Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, May 18th from 8AM to 11AM, which is free for pilots flying in. The FBO will provide fuel service from their fuel truck at the same price as available from the self-service facility on the airport which is currently $5.39/gal. There is an on-field restaurant as well as several food venders at the Expo for lunch and we are planning on a BAC dinner at a restaurant near the Hotel on Saturday evening. We have arranged for a tour of the FTG tower, which was recently built and is the tallest General Aviation Airport Tower in the US. If there is sufficient interest we might also take a side trip to the Wings Over The Rockies Air and Space Museum (http://www.wingsmuseum.org/) in Denver. As Mike mentioned, I have rented a mini-van for local transportation for our group. If you are planning on coming to the Fly-In please respond on this thread or send me a PM. I have asked the Expo managers to try to park our aircraft together so I would like to give them some idea of how many aircraft to expect.
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse

Make your plans to go to this fly-in as it is coming up soon! Here's who have tentavely indicated they are coming:
    Dave Stevens
    Chris Linderman
    Dave Ferguson
    Mike & Linda Nielsen

We have reasonably priced hotel rooms and are renting a minivan for transportation. Anyone else? Any other wives?
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

Make your plans to go to this fly-in as it is coming up soon! Here's who have tentavely indicated they are coming:
    Dave Stevens
    Chris Linderman
    Mike Ferguson
    Mike & Linda Nielsen

We have reasonably priced hotel rooms and are renting a minivan for transportation. Anyone else? Any other wives?
    Mike Nielsen
    McCook, NE
    Sierra N9164S

The Weather is looking good for this weekend. Spring has finally come to Colorado. I would like to get a head count on the number of folks planning on staying overnight on Saturday. If it is 5 or less I might switch from reserving a mini-van to just a full-size car.
    Dave Stevens
    N7994L Super Mouse