Thread: Article: Sunday May 5... BAC DAY... Fill the Air with Beeches!

Orbiting Earth Orbiting Earth corcoran's Avatar

Article: Sunday May 5... BAC DAY... Fill the Air with Beeches!

I will sweaten the BAC Day deal for Sunday!

Any airport in the Northeast Region will qualify for this offer.

You can earn a BEECH BUM Tshirt for a short flight. To qualify get in your plane and fly on 5/5 to an airport of your choice, not your home base. If you meet two more BAC members there I will call it a fly-in for all and each pilot gets a BEECH BUM Tshirt.

This is to encourage getting off the ground, a good excuse to go flying.

Use this thread to invite other members to join you by announcing where you are flying. (John Doe flying N12345 on 5/5 to KXXX arriving at 11:00am local)

Be sure to report (individually) your trip to beechaeroclub@gmail.com.

My announcement: Tom Corcoran flying N5162M on 5/5 to Skylark Airpark 7B6 (Near KBDL) Windsor, Connecticut arriving at 10am.

Tom Corcoran

can't make it to the n/e, but will any airport in Alaska do !

Quote Originally Posted by FASTFRED View Post
    can't make it to the n/e, but will any airport in Alaska do !
    Technically it should as it is the most northern and most eastern US state.
    States visited in N6699S:

Technically?
    According to my map, yes, Alaska is the most northerly state... but most eastern?
    What happened to Eastport Maine? That was the most easterly place in the USA that I knew of.
    Must be a funny Canadian chart you're looking at. Maybe British Columbia upsidedown.
    But Sunday fly in the real Northeast Region, meet two other BAC flyers and we will accomodate you with a beautiful
    BEECH BUM Tshirt.
    Tom Corcoran

It's an odd bit of trivia. Semisopochoni island at 17946' East is the easternmost piece of land in the United States. The southernmost state is Hawaii. In the lower 48, the northernmost state is Minnesota, the only of the lower 48 to extend north of 49.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semisopochnoi_Island

ok then, send me my Beech Bum shirt. fred

Flying on May 5, 2013

Sorry to be so late in responding to the "Flying on the 5th of May but we left early on the 6th for vacation and I just returned and did not check the site while on vacation.

Please add me to the list: John Zinkus, N18987, 1915-2030Z, Northern Virginia, Manassas to Culpepper and return,

2 inst approachs.

Quote Originally Posted by corcoran View Post
    I will sweaten the BAC Day deal for Sunday!

Any airport in the Northeast Region will qualify for this offer.

You can earn a BEECH BUM Tshirt for a short flight. To qualify get in your plane and fly on 5/5 to an airport of your choice, not your home base. If you meet two more BAC members there I will call it a fly-in for all and each pilot gets a BEECH BUM Tshirt.

This is to encourage getting off the ground, a good excuse to go flying.

Use this thread to invite other members to join you by announcing where you are flying. (John Doe flying N12345 on 5/5 to KXXX arriving at 11:00am local)

Be sure to report (individually) your trip to beechaeroclub@gmail.com.

My announcement: Tom Corcoran flying N5162M on 5/5 to Skylark Airpark 7B6 (Near KBDL) Windsor, Connecticut arriving at 10am.

Tom Corcoran

Quote Originally Posted by wbeach View Post
    It's an odd bit of trivia. Semisopochoni island at 17946' East is the easternmost piece of land in the United States. The southernmost state is Hawaii. In the lower 48, the northernmost state is Minnesota, the only of the lower 48 to extend north of 49.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semisopochnoi_Island
    Cute. Actually, I find nearby Shemya island more interesting. It has two airports.

- Jerry Kaidor