Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oct/Nov Mid-Atlantic fly-in requests (museum/lunch/golf/?)

Oct/Nov Mid-Atlantic fly-in requests (museum/lunch/golf/?)

THE MID ATLANTIC CALENDAR IS CURRENTLY EMPTY. WE NEED IDEAS. ONE IS SKY BRYCE IN VA. A RESORT WITH GOLF COURSE, RESTAURANT, HIKING AND TIME SHARE RENTALS. WE COULD FLY IN ON SATURDAY ,MAKE UP SOME TEAMS PLAY GOLF,EAT LUNCH AND HEAD OUT OR STAY OVERNIGHT AND LEAVE THE NEXT DAY. WE CAN PROBABLY GET SOME GOOD RATES ON GOLF, OVERNIGHT LODGING . http://www.airnav.com/airport/VG18/BRYCE_RESORT#c www.bryceresort.com .ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME. WVA, VA,NC, PA ,MD OHIO THANKS JOHN

NOTE : NO FUEL AVAILABLE AT BRYCE AND NO NIGHT OPERATIONS.

Why don't you guys fly over and meet me for breakfast at Sedona? We could watch the sunrise over the red cliffs if you can arrive early enough. If you can't arrive that early, sunset is pretty too. I think there is golf locally for those that indulge.
    Marty Vanover
    Tucson, Az.

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Yeah, and on your way you could stop about half way at Bald Knob and we can watch a sun rise over the Air Tractor on the east end of the field...

Think of the PT points you all will get!

John, that sounds interesting, but I did see this when I looked at their website:
    THE BRYCE RESORT AIRPORT WILL BE CLOSED STARTING TUESDAY, 10/8/2013 AND WILL REOPEN MONDAY, 10/14/2013 DUE TO AN EVENT TAKING PLACE ON AIRPORT PROPERTY.

Unless you are the one that scheduled the event, I'd avoid this weekend!

Thanks Brad , I am just trying to get the ideas going. I also see that if you stay overnight (local hotel) at the Latrobe pa (Arnold Palmer ) they have a special deal to play at Arnold Palmers course. The restaurant on that field has a dinner special and shuttle package to see some plays in Pittsburg also.

Jay, Bald knob sounds like a Fun time. Hopefully I can fly out that way sometime.

Marty, Sedona is an amazing airport. My daughter and I flew around in a Bi-plane a long time ago there. One of my best friends bought land and started building a home there for retirement . Unfortunately he passed on and didn't get to finish his plans. I will have the cozies out for you with the shirts though.
    Last edited by JOHNNYXRAY; 10-08-2013 at 11:10 AM.

you are talking about having cozies and shirts available. Come hang out with me and I'll give you the shirt off my back. Just call ahead so I can put on 2 shirts!

Don't forget Delaware!!

We will be moving our motor home north from the beach around 10/19 then off to the Boston area first weekend in November. We will be watching the schedule for activities. Trying to plan Singer Island for thanksgiving week. Busy busy....
    Gary Mascelli
    N453TC - 1976 Commander 112A

Flight Journal
    My YouTube

Nothing wrong with a cruise along skyline drive in Virginia during fall color season. Easy to meet for breakfast at KCHO charlottesville then do a slow cruise north over the mountains in fall color glory! Refuel somewhere like front royal Va or go land at Dulles for night on the town in Wash DC.

Quote Originally Posted by j_w_bruce View Post
    you are talking about having cozies and shirts available. Come hang out with me and I'll give you the shirt off my back. Just call ahead so I can put on 2 shirts!
    Please call ahead!

I like Skyline drive this time of year. I can find plenty of Dc options. Leesburg has a special in and out SFRA window. Thanks for the ideas . I was in Hanover Va today and see that Culpeper is having there airshow this weekend and Stafford is coming up also.