Sorry – we had about 2 hours of unscheduled downtime today. There was a security issue with one of the pieces of software that the site sits on and some log file review shows we were getting some attempts to tickle it (it appeared to be an automated crawler, not a sustained or focused attack), so we took the site down to update the software. This triggered some dependent updates so the whole process took about two hours.
All is updated and well. Due to some timing issues on the database backup and site take down there was a small window for lost data or posts of about 3 minutes around 3pm PDT.
Sorry for the lack of notice but in this case we made the judgement call that resolving the issue was worth the short interruption.