Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Ground Power Plugs

Article: Ground Power Plugs

Bill Manhein
    Sierra N6164C
    KBTR

States visited by N6164C

Bill, I know what they are but not exactly sure how you use it.

Bill, those look awesome!

Bill,

I got my Manhein Power Plugs today! They are beautiful!!! Thank you! How do prevent the jumper cables from scratching the finish on my new Power Plugs? Sorry. There always a stupid question in every crowd!

I plugged it into the Sport and one of the Sierras, worked great!

Deeply appreciated,

Bill
    Last edited by wdnd5960; 06-27-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Wow! One of these has been living in my plane since the original production run. I feel like I should order one more just to show off on my wall!

And just a reminder that the 24 volts planes have a relay that will keep a low rate trickle charger or battery minder from working through the ground plug.

Hello Bill,
    Are you planning on making any receptacles? I would need one of those before I can use one of these...which I would like to do very much

DD

OH, I hadn't noticed the "N" and the "P" on them. Think I was looking on a little screen.

Quote Originally Posted by vanhook View Post
    Bill, I know what they are but not exactly sure how you use it.
    Simply remove the rubber plug from the Ground Power receptacle and insert the Ground Power plug. Attach a jumper cable from the Positive terminal of an auxiliary battery to the Positive (P) connection point on the Power Plug, followed by attaching another jumper cable from the Negative terminal of an auxiliary battery to the Negative (N) connection point on the Power Plug. Then, start the engine and remove the jumper cables, Ground Power plug and insert the rubber plug into the Ground Power receptacle. If using a battery charger, attach its Positive and Negative cables accordingly. Remember to always attach the Positive connection first and disconnect it last.
    Last edited by Manhein; 06-28-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    Bill Manhein
    Sierra N6164C
    KBTR

States visited by N6164C

Quote Originally Posted by wdnd5960 View Post
    Bill,

I got my Manhein Power Plugs today! They are beautiful!!! Thank you! How do prevent the jumper cables from scratching the finish on my new Power Plugs?
    Simple. Use jumper cables with foam clamps.
    Bill Manhein
    Sierra N6164C
    KBTR

States visited by N6164C