Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAC TAC Banquet

BAC TAC Banquet

Four weeks from tonight, on Friday, June 20, we'll be toasting the tenth anniversary of the formation of Beech Aero Club. Attendance is starting to take shape. As a reminder, registration will end on June 10, as we need to provide the Beech Factory with names and addresses of those taking the tour as well as firm up dinner arrangements with the Marriott.

As of today (Friday, May 23), the following have registered and paid:
    Rap McBurney (2)
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Brad Mitchell (2)
    David Stevens (2)
    Chris Linderman
    Dave Singleton (2)
    John Redmon
    Marty Vanover

Others that have indicated their intention to attend are:
    Dan Kirby (3)
    Gary Boyce (2)
    Mark Weiss
    Bill Manhein
    Steve Powers

It will be most helpful for everyone to register on the website and get your payment in. We don't want to leave anyone out. As a reminder, if you go ahead and register, then subsequently have to cancel, refunds will be available through June 15th. On June 16th the Marriott will need the final head count guarantee for the banquet.

Looking forward to having a great crowd on hand. All for one!

Cecil Soileau may be coming with me. I have two definite maybees coming with me.
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Founder and First President of BAC

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

We're two weeks away from the deadline to register for BAC TAC.
    Cloyd Van Hook

States visited (though not necessarily landed in) by N2393L (AKA Minnie), N9227S (AKA Annie) and N26TM (AKA Mary) while I've owned and flown the aforementioned aircraft.

Update on Friday, 5/30/14 - three weeks before the tour and banquet:

Registered and paid are:

Rap McBurney (2)
    Cloyd Van Hook
    Brad Mitchell (2)
    David Stevens (2)
    Chris Linderman
    Dave Singleton (2)
    John Redmon
    Marty Vanover
    Mark Weiss
    Steve Powers
    Tim Vangundy (2)
    Mike Nielsen (2)
    Donald Olsen (3)

That's 21 and counting, with several others expressing interest in attending.

We'll continue to remind everyone, Tuesday, June 10 is the deadline to register and pay for the event. As this will be a plated dinner at the Marriott, the exact number of meals will be ordered on Monday morning, June 16. We will not be able to add people after that date. Cancellations received by June 15 will be fully refunded.

Just curious who all is planning to make the hop from Colonel Jabara to Beech Field for the tour?
    Cloyd Van Hook

As we are staying pretty close to the field, why not just walk there? OK, OK, it is a flying club..... I get it.
    Marty Vanover
    Oro Valley, Az.
    Sierra N65128

Where "Sandy Beech" has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanover View Post
    As we are staying pretty close to the field, why not just walk there? OK, OK, it is a flying club..... I get it.
    Marty, why would you walk a hundred yards east when you could drive five miles north and then fly five miles south and then reverse the process?

Last time we were there the tower at Beech Field greeted us with, "Welcome home." or something like that. Kinda cool.
    Last edited by vanhook; 06-02-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Cloyd Van Hook

Quote Originally Posted by vanhook View Post
    Marty, why would you walk a hundred yards east when you could drive five miles north and then fly five miles south and then reverse the process?

Last time we were there the tower at Beech Field greeted us with, "Welcome home." or something like that. Kinda cool.
    Cloyd,

I try to never publicly, agree with you. But this makes perfect 'aviator' sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wdnd5960 View Post
    Cloyd,

I try to never publicly, agree with you. But this makes perfect 'aviator' sense.
    wdnd560, I won't tell anybody.
    Cloyd Van Hook

Here's the current schedule of events:
    Thursday, June 19
    5:00-6:45 pm Reception at the Marriott. Bring a sampling of a beverage from your home area. Soft drinks and water will be provided along with light snacks.
    7:00 pm Optional dinner in the Marriott's restaurant
    Friday, June 20
    8:15 am gather in the lobby of the Marriott to walk over to Beech Factory Plant IV. If you choose to fly your plane from Jabara to Beech Field, you will need to arrive at the lobby of Plant IV by 8:45 am. The tour will begin at 9:00 am.
    6:00-7:00 pm cocktail hour at the Marriott (cash bar)
    7:00 pm seating for dinner at the Marriott (this dinner is included in the registration fee)
    8:00 pm champagne toast and birthday cake at the Marriott
    9:00 pm adjourn to the Marriott's lounge
    Saturday, June 21
    Approximately 11:00 am depart for a fly-in lunch at Beaumont Hotel, approximately 30 miles east of Jabara. More details when we arrive in Wichita

Any additional activities will be planned "on the fly" when we gather in Wichita